• 18 years old or older
• Must be sponsored by your prospective spouse. The Department must approve the sponsorship
• Intend to marry your prospective spouse before the visa period ends
• Be outside Australia when you apply
• Meet Health and Character Requirements
• All Applicants must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.
• You must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa has entered Australia.
• You must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia.
• You must marry the person specified in your visa applicationwhile your visa is valid.
• If you are the primary holder of a subclass 300 (Prospective Marriage) visa you must marry the person specified in your visa application before your visa ceases.
• From AUD 7,850
25% of applications: 9 months
50% of applications: 20 months
75% of applications: 29 months
90% of applications: 34 months
• Joint mortgage or lease documents
• Joint loan documents for major assets like homes, cars or major appliances
• Joint bank account statements
• Household bills in both names
• Joint invitations or evidence you go out together
• Proof you have friends in common
• Proof you have told government, public or commercial bodies about your relationship
• Proof you do joint sporting, cultural or social activities together
• Proof you travel together
• Statutory declarations from your partner's parents, family members, relatives and friends about how they see your relationship
• Proof you have knowledge of each other’s background, family situation or other personal details. You could tell us this at an interview
• Proof you have combined your personal matters
• The terms of your wills
• Proof you stay in touch when apart